Spark Community is an online video game where you explore living in a virtual self-sustaining community.
We’re in search of solutions to help a world that’s full of problems. The world already has many great solutions for solving our problems. The problem is we forget history, we get distracted, we specialize, fail to communicate, and reinvent the wheel. The irony is we have the best technology ever available! We are more connected than ever. We need fun and engaging tools to help educate, remind us of what we already know, and interact with problems from a different perspective. Read more
What’s special about Spark Community is that it creates a context for many other solutions to exist. Whether physical or virtual, Spark Community is the glue that binds it all together. One small community is a complete solution or an ecosystem of solutions. Solutions might include renewable energy, green building, organic farming, home automation, personal health tracking, environmental sensors, or next generation mobile technology. Unlike so many products that solve a small problem, Spark Community gives a bigger home to many solutions and that makes it one big solution. As a result, the whole is greater than the sum of its parts. Read more
What are the ideas behind the name Spark Community? Spark is about light and hope. It only takes a spark to light a wildfire. A wildfire is like a chain reaction that starts small, but can change everything. We’re trying to change the world by creating a game that helps you understand a unique community solution to many world problems.
- Added Metal support for macOS
- Added a custom resolution dialog
- Added PlayFab API for persistence
Contribute to Spark Community and get early access to the game—while it’s in development—by visiting Games of Light on Patreon.
- Built a login and register form with basic UI.
- Updated the online database catalog and store.
- Built a store with items that load from the database.
- Built a panel the player can purchase items with.
- Added splash screen scenes.
- Added main menu scene with login fields.
- Added register user scene and fields.
- Added a simplified game testing scene with navigation.
- Added energy bar UI.
- Added options button with game settings.
- Added placeholder game music with volume slider control.
- Added item catalog in the cloud.
- Added temporary multiplayer login screen.
- Updated character for multiplayer.
- Added multiplayer chat.
- Created food items viewable by other players.
- Created soil block test vertical.
- Created house with primitives.
- Created earth wall with primitives.
- Created fences with primitives.
- Disabled character crouching issue.
- Updated all health script variables to be float instead of integer.
- Added multiplayer server auto login.
- Fixed auto login detail state text display placement.
- You can no longer have more than 100 health.
- You can now pickup static and spawned food.
- Added health percent text by health bar.
- Updated ground texture and added wall boundary.
- Player health now decreases over time.
- Food randomly spawns for the player to pickup.
- When the player is near food and clicks, health increases.
- Added timer text that counts up in seconds.