- Player health now decreases over time.
- Food randomly spawns for the player to pickup.
- When the player is near food and clicks, health increases.
- Added timer text that counts up in seconds.
- Created enemy cube that reduces player’s health.
- Created healing cube that increases player’s health.
- Added animation for when player runs out of health and dies.
- Deleted unnecessary scripts, code, and comments.
- Updated to Unity 5.0.0 beta.
- Created new character controller with random clickable colors.
- Added PlayerMovement and CameraFollow scripts.
- Created health slider using new UI system.
- Added life health bar that counts down slowly.
- Adjusted health text float decimal places to 1.
- Aligned temporary UI boxes for health.
- On-click object increases players health by 1.
- Basic game testing environment with boundary colliders.
- Blocked out objects: trees, rocks, flowers, and food.
- On click, food objects disappear and count up from 0.
- Generic first person player.
We have begun development on the Spark Community game! Please join us on this adventure to help create a better world. You are welcome to share your ideas and insights. How do you envision sustainable community of the future? How would you design a community? What features would you like to see? Let’s start a conversation. You can request a Games of Light blog account by visiting https://www.gamesoflight.com/contact. Thank you!
Games of Light and Spark Community are now on YouTube! Check it out at:
This is a Spark to change the world. The basics and ideals of this game have been discussed in the Kickstarter campaign. But there is so much more that this game has to offer.
Spark Community isn’t just a game, but also a blueprint of real-world life skills. The game can likewise be used as a blueprint of real-world cooperative community-building. An online version could even pave the way for a real one.
Picture a game that has been upgraded to contain the specifics of the real world that waits outside your door. You can explore and cultivate the online version of that world and build a community with players who live nearby. Finally, you can use the skills developed in Spark to create your own real community that mirrors your online environment! Read more
We’re in search of solutions to help a world that’s full of problems. The world already has many great solutions for solving our problems. The problem is we forget history, we get distracted, we specialize, fail to communicate, and reinvent the wheel. The irony is we have the best technology ever available! We are more connected than ever. We need fun and engaging tools to help educate, remind us of what we already know, and interact with problems from a different perspective. Read more